Ireland is the only European country South Africans can visit visa free. Without a visa, South Africans are granted a stay for a maximum of 90 days. While in the country you do not have any residency rights and may not work or study for the duration of your stay.
1. Obviously your passport
2. You need to bring a physical copy of your letter of invitation
An invitation letter for visa is a letter written to a guest who resides in one country to invite them to visit you in another country.
Your letter should include the following information about the person being invited:
• Name (same as your passport)
• Date of birth.
• The person’s address and telephone number.
• Your relationship to the person being invited.
• The purpose of the trip.
• How long the person you are inviting intends to staying.
• Details on accommodation and living expenses.
• The date the person you are inviting intends to leave.
Your letter must also include the following information about the person writing the letter:
• Date of birth.
• Address and telephone number.
• Your status in the country.
• A copy of documents (residency card and passport) proving your status in the country and financial Status.
3. Return flight details
They asked me for all thee above before boarding my flight and when I landed they asked me again at immigration. The lady also explained this was because they currently have immigration issues with “Africans” overstaying.
Language: Although Irish (Gaeltacht) is the official language, I never met anyone who speaks it. English is widely spoken and their road signs are bilingual.
Adapter: Electricity in Ireland is 230V/50Hz.Outlets in Ireland take 3 rectangular prongs, same as what is used in the United Kingdom.
Transport: Meter Taxis are ridiculously expensive and there aren’t a lot of Uber’s. When your in the city center and some areas it’s easy to find taxis. You can download the “My Taxi” app which works exactly like the Lyft/Uber app except they don’t estimate prices. “Journey Plan” is another app I used to help me figure out the bus routes.