2 girls exploring 1 province in 15 days.
With the soaring foreign exchange rates it makes traveling abroad for South Africans rather difficult and let us not forget the visa restrictions on most destinations. So the idea of becoming a tourist in your own country is rather appealing and it’s also a way of contributing to our economy. Fellow blogger and I decided to brave the cold winter weather and spend weeks exploring Western Cape.
Lerato is a “lipstick loving travelette” who aims to get to know the world through cultural exchanges, food experiences and adventure. My mission is to inspire people to not only wonder what lies beyond their immediate horizon, but to go and find out what it is (while being responsible travelers).
Travel and tourism lecturer by day and blogger at www.spicegoddess.co.za at night. Verushka from Durban spent 9 years in London where she developed a severe case of wanderlust. She is a domestic goddess whose recipes take one on a culinary and travel journey around the globe.
Special thanks to:
– Our extended team Avios, Mazda South Africa, Cape Town Tourism and Domestic Flights South Africa.
– Our partners who generously bartered product and time: The President Hotel | Tsogo Sun | Bliss Boutique Hotel | The Strand Tower | Stellenbosch Wine Routes| NAC Helicopters| Radisson Blu Waterfront | Yumcious Café by Jenny Morris | Gordon’s Beach Lodge | The Bay Habour Market
– Friends and Cape Town based Bloggers: Rayne Alexander of makeitraynex.com, Cara Glaser of carafay.co.za and Fathima Khan of decadentlyaddicted.wordpress.com
Blogs by me:
– an Unbelievable staycation at the President Hotel
– Exploring Cape Town in Winter
– A splendid stay at Southern Sun
– A love affair with Stellenbosch
– An afternoon at Robben Island
– Wine Tasting for Beginners
– Strand(ed) in Cape Town
– Roadtrippin’ with the Mazda CX 3
– Dining at Oude Werf Hotel
– Unique Wine Tasting Experiences in Stellenbosch
– A night at Southern Sun, Waterfront
– Review: Radisson Blu Hotel (Waterfront)
– 5 things to do at the Bay Habour Market
– Passion for Perfection at Bliss Boutique Hotel
– A night at Sun Square
– 5 things to do in and around Robertson Wine Valley
– When Bloggers Meet by Miglio Designer Jewellery Management
– 2 girls, 15 days in 1 city by Domestic Flights SA Management
– Saving for a rainy day with Avios by Verushka Ramasami
– What to do in Cape Town – 5FM (Podcast Link)
– Go eat Stellenbosch by Verushka Ramasami
– The Bay Habour Market by Fathima Khan
– All Aboard the Radisson Blu Cruiseship by Verushka Ramasami
– #ExploreWC with the 2 Girls by Verushka Ramasami
– 15 days of #ExploreWC by Verushka Ramasami
– VLOG: Explore WC by Cara Glaser
– Find your Bliss here by Verushka Ramasami
For the full report including stats or to organise a similar trip, we should chat firstname.lastname@example.org